Instagram is one of the most popular social networks. With 1 billion active users on the planet, it’s no surprise that marketers are deploying strategies on this network, aimed at increasing the visibility of their businesses and reaching large audiences. But, to integrate Instagram into an editorial strategy, you must first know how to use the platform and master the process of publishing photos or videos. Posting on Instagram is not difficult, but to do it effectively, you have to consider the many options available.
How to post on Instagram from PC/Laptop?
Several solutions exist to circumvent this usage limit, and thus publish on Instagram from a desktop or laptop computer. The first of these solutions consist of using the functionalities of the Internet browser to “imitate” a mobile terminal, via the development tools.
1 – How to post on Instagram with Chrome
On PC, once connected to Instagram, you need to access the options (the icon consisting of three small dots, at the top right), then click on More tools > Developer tools.
On Mac, click on View > Developer Tools > Developer Tools . Then, just click on the Toggle Device Toolbar button to simulate a mobile device, and choose a phone model from the Responsive menu (iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, etc.). The button to publish appears (it may be necessary to refresh the page).
Finally, you have to select an image (exclusively in .jpeg format) and use the features offered by Instagram: apply a filter, rotate the image, insert a caption, add hashtags, identify a place or place. people.
2 – How to post on Instagram with Safari
With Safari, you must click on Development > User-Agent > iPhone. The button to publish is displayed. The procedure is then identical.
This method of posting to Instagram from a computer is nevertheless limited: only photo publications are allowed, and only in real-time, without the possibility of scheduling in advance.
How to post on Instagram from PC via a dedicated tool
The other solution is to use a dedicated tool to post on Instagram. There are two types :
- Instagram’s partner social media manager. This type of tool offers great freedom of action and makes it possible to manage the entire marketing strategy on various social media. Just select the Instagram profile from the dashboard and post photos or videos. Agorapulse, Hootsuite, Buffer, Iconosquare, are some examples of solutions.
- The inbound marketing solution for global strategic management. Social networks are by default integrated into this type of tool, which makes it possible to mobilize the content and use it as part of the social strategy. Tools like HubSpot or Marketo can be used to feed an Instagram feed.
Different solutions help to bypass the limit imposed by the network and to publish on Instagram from a computer, for greater comfort of use, for better organization, and therefore for a more effective strategy.
Instagram has grown rapidly and exponentially to reach 1 billion monthly active users, download this free e-book to leverage the platform for your business.
How to post on Instagram from Phone?
To post on Instagram, you must first have fulfilled a certain number of prerequisites: having downloaded the application on a phone from the application store specific to the device (App Store or Google Play) and having created an account. It is also necessary to have chosen subscriber accounts to follow, in the perspective that they return the favor. Once everything is ready, it’s a question of choosing content to publish. To do this, you must start by clicking on the camera icon (the +) located at the bottom and in the middle of the application page. Instagram then offers three possibilities:
- the Gallery button allows you to share an image or a video stored on the phone;
- the Photo button allows you to take a photograph through the application;
- the Video button allows you to make a video through the application.
To publish an existing resource on Instagram, or to take a photo / make a video from the platform, it is necessary to authorize the application to access the contents of the phone: the gallery in the first case, the camera in the two other cases. A pop-up window allows you to give this authorization. You must then press Next, at the top right of the screen.
Use Instagram options
Instagram offers many options for editing images. It is possible to :
- enlarge or reduce the size of the image;
- switch from a square format to a vertical format (however, the image must be adjusted to the limits imposed by the application);
- choose a filter to apply from about twenty (basic) possibilities, by scrolling the bottom of the screen to the right. Clicking on a filter allows you to view its effects before publishing the image;
- adjust several aspects of the image: brightness, contrast, warmth, saturation …
- create a carousel to post multiple images on Instagram simultaneously. They will be displayed one after the other on the phone screen. By clicking on Multiple Selection, a number appears in the upper right corner of each image to indicate the display order;
- combine different images into one.
When everything is ready, press Next.
On the following personalization screen, it is possible to add a legend. The purpose of this is to describe the image or video, intended for subscribers who will see it displayed on their screen. A relevant description lets users know exactly what type of content it is, and what it can do for them. The caption is also the perfect place to place hashtags. Thanks to them, users can find content that matches their interests. It is also a way of categorizing a post. These hashtags can be generic, niche, or branded, depending on the needs and the strategy. They help to increase the reach of publications. The use of emoticons in the caption is permitted, but they must remain relevant to the publication, and in a reasonable number.
Take advantage of the latest options and share a post
In the same interface, Instagram offers three additional options:
- Identify people. This option allows you to add the name (s) of other subscribers to a publication. These people may appear in the photo or video, or be likely to show an interest in this post.
- Add a place. The purpose of this feature is to attach a geographic location to a publication, for example, a city, a street, or a particular location.
- Publish on other platforms. To increase the reach of an image or video, it is possible to post on Instagram and on one or more of the three affiliated social networks: Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. All you have to do is slide the dedicated button (provided you already have an active account on these networks).
All that’s left to do is post to Instagram by tapping Share at the top right of the screen. In case of error, it is easy to edit a post by clicking on the ellipsis icon that appears next to the account name, above the image. It is not very complicated to post an image or a video on Instagram. The hardest part is getting the post seen by users and driving engagement. As such, it is important to use the options wisely (especially hashtags) and to determine what are the best times to share content, depending on the industry and type of audience affected by the post.
How To Use Instagram Reels | GO Viral On Instagram