Screen recording is a very handy feature that you can use for many purposes like recording tutorials, explaining feature issues, etc. It’s also available on most modern devices, and we’ll show you how you can use it. In this guide, you will learn how to record your screen on Windows laptops/PC and Mac.
How To Do Screen Recording?
How to do Screen Recording In Laptop?
If you’re looking for a way to record what you’re doing on your computer on video, you probably don’t need to install any third-party software. Windows 10 includes a tool, the Xbox Game Bar, intended for gamers, which allows you to take a video capture of what is displayed on the screen.
- Click on the Search button and then search & open Xbox Game Bar.
- On the top, tap on Captures Button. And then the Capture panel will open there you can take a screenshot, start recording and even record the last 30 seconds.
- Open the application (or game) of which you want to record a video capture and activate the game bar using the keyboard shortcut Windows + G.
- Then tap on the Start Record button to start Screen Recording, you can also use the shortcut (Windows + Alt + R) to start screen recording.
The game bar is displayed and presents several panes: capture, audio, performance, as well as a central bar allowing to display or hide each element. You will be able to manage all the technical parameters of your video capture from these menus.
Then click the record button to start the video capture, and then click the program window you want to perform the video capture.
A small control window appears on the side and will allow you to stop video recording when you have finished what you want to record.
The generated video file, in MP4 format, is automatically saved in the directory mentioned above. You can quickly access it by bringing back the game bar using the Windows + G shortcut, then click on the Show all capture menu present in the Capture pane.
A gallery with all the captures made is then displayed. You can view each of them directly, or access the directory in which they are stored by clicking on Open location when a file is selected, or by clicking directly on the icon representing a folder.
How to do Screen Recording In PC?
The recording screen in a Laptop or PC is the same as both use the windows operating system. So, to record screen on Windows PC is given in previous steps. If you still have any quarries then do follow us on Twitter and Instagram and you can put up a question related to how to screen record.
How to Record Screen On Mac?
macOS is another very popular platform that runs on Apple Mac devices. Like other platforms, macOS also includes a built-in tool for recording screens, and we’ll show you how you can do that.
- Go to your Mac.
- Now press Shift + Command + 5.
- Once the command is executed, the Apple screenshot toolbar will open. You can use it to record the whole screen or part of it. On top of that, you also get some additional settings to play with.
- Now press Record to start recording.
- Once you are done recording, press Command + Control + Esc to stop recording.
You can also use the third-party screen recording software to record screens on Mac. If you are interested, subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated with upcoming articles on the best screen recorders for Mac.
That’s all. In this guide, you learned how to record your screen on Windows laptop/PC, and mac. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments. Also, check this guide on How to Take Screenshots on a Laptop/PC?