Instagram is one of the largest social media platforms with 800 million monthly active users. It can work wonders for your business, but in order to make money on Instagram, you need to optimize your account first (like you need to optimize your site for Google).
These ten Instagram followers trick Free will help you grow your business online:
1. Choose an Informative username
When people search on Instagram, they are often looking for something that interests them.
If you just write your brand or store name in the “Name” field, the target audience is less likely to find you. One exception: your brand is already famous.
The name should include 2-3 of the keywords that describe what you are selling on Instagram. Use the language your audience speaks.
For example, someone looking to find a handmade surfboard or custom T-shirt company may type in “surfboards” or “shirts.” The more you can swipe in your username, the easier it will be for people to find you.
Your Instagram bio is just as important as your username. Use the optimum 150 characters in your profile header to your advantage. Explain to him who you are, what you offer, and why people should follow you.
We did the research for you and found exactly how to write an amazing Instagram bio.
5 Some Tips for Making Money from an Instagram Bio
- Link to a product web page specifically written for Instagram users. When users see your bio, they can immediately click on your products.
- Keep your bio short and sweet. According to our research, the optimal length for an Instagram bio was 150 characters.
- Use emojis to make the most of the small space.
- Use hashtags sparingly, and only if they are branded.
- Provide your email so that your customers can get hold of you in whatever way works best for them.
Learn more: 15 Tips To Gain Millions of Followers on Instagram?
2. Use GeoTags for Increased Visibility
Sometimes users photos by location, so geotag your posts whenever possible.
For example, you have a physical store in a mall. Add you’re geotagging to your product photos. If you are taking photos for a new collection of clothes on the street, Tag that particular spot in the city. Casual users can find your profile by geotagging it and following your Instagram account.
3. Add #hashtags to each post
Hashtags are simple and free, but still very useful if you want to make money on Instagram. They work in two ways:
- To get more followers searching by hashtags
- To keep up to date with what the competitors are doing and what events you can participate in.
You can add up to 30 hashtags to an Instagram post. Ten is the recommended number for a position, and the tags should always be relevant. Instagram bans those who frequently use inappropriate hashtags.
Instagram hashtags are a great resource but use them sparingly. Too many hashtags could turn off a customer who was originally interested in your business. According to a study we have, 76% of users were frustrated with Instagram posts that had too many hashtags.
What does “use hashtags sparingly” mean? Try using hashtag t phrases with popular like “love” or “trendy”: #lovemusic or #trendykiddies. Think about which hashtags might attract your audience and follow them.
Hashtags can help you stay on top of the news. Local street markets or street fairs that you want to attend on their own might have hashtags, so do your research. By following these hashtags, you can keep track of what’s going on in your community and decide whether or not to participate.
Follow the hashtags that can inspire you. If you sell teen clothes, #young people can give you an idea of content or two that you can post on your profile. Check out the hashtags of your business rivals too!
4. Try to get to the Top Posts area
Top Posts by Tags is the first 9 posts that show Instagram looking. Be there to expand your reach and get more Instagram followers. The exact algorithm that Instagram uses for its top posts remains a secret. Likely, it depends on the post setting (likes, comments) and how fast your post gets.
Here’s something to remember from the Instagram Top 9
- A senior position doesn’t have to come from a giant account. For example, at the time the above screenshot was captured, the #veganfood Top-9 looked like this: the first post was from an account with 19.2K followers, the second was from a profile with 274k followers.
- There is a lot more competition for popular hashtags, so you’re more likely to get to the top 9 if you have one more account. This means that if you have a smaller account you should go with a more hashtag form. Pick something from the same hashtag family but with fewer results (say, not #veganfood, but #veganfoodlovers).
- The more popular a hashtag (you can tell a hashtag is popular because it will have a higher number of results), the more the Top 9 is refreshed. This means that if you choose a smaller hashtag you could be at the top for 1-2 days, but a large hashtag could only get you 24 hours of fame.
- Engagement means a lot: post only the things that inspire comments and likes, and be quick: photos can enter the Top-9 within the first 24 hours of posting. So pick a time when you think your followers are most active.
- Aim to get relevant and targeted hashtags for your business. For example, large generic hashtags like #life won’t help you sell a lot of feed, even if you get into top positions.
How to increase engagement for your Instagram post
There is a little trick you can do to increase engagement with your Instagram post. Once you post your photo, look through the hashtags you follow and spend 20 minutes as you wish, and comment on posts with the same hashtags. It is likely that users will react and that your latest posts or that you follow.
Must Watch: How to Get 1k Followers on Instagram In 5 Minutes!
To increase your chances of entering the Top Posts box, start by creating valuable content for your audience. Use authentic images, give advice, share unique details of the work process.
5. Be published in Communities
Look for Instagram accounts with the same theme as yours and follow them. To find these profiles, search for relevant keywords. Check out the posts and search for community accounts.
Communities usually have their own hashtag:
Admins often ask to use their hashtag so they can repost the best photos and credit the author. You can also tag them in your Instagram posts. The most successful Instagram depends on their followers like your post and their willingness to follow you.
Remember that your post should be interesting to them and match their theme. Also make sure you connect with useful community accounts, comment, and like interesting posts.
6. Tag Popular Brands
Tag famous places, cafes, or stores in your photos. It is an easy way to attract someone who follows tag brands. They will see your post when they check out the page they are visiting, and might be of interest.
For example, if you took a photo of your product at a trendy new cafe, label it. Or say you’ve made a cute image for your product with flowers and popular cosmetics – don’t forget to brand this brand too. Made a summer look with your handmade jewelry and clothing? Tag the clothing brand too.
7. Create Guest Posts for other accounts
Exchanging messages with other accounts targeting the same Instagram audience as you are a popular method of Instagram promotion. That is why you should make a deal with a relevant account on a free and mutually beneficial promotion.
Say you came to a deal with an influencer. You make a post on “an interesting and useful blog”, and they make a post to mention your store. It’s a win-win – you both get more followers on Instagram.
Be open to new knowledge online. These are useful relationships that lead to positive results. The main secret to Instagram’s success is active communication.
8. Attend InstaMeets in person
InstaMeets are thematic meetups of Instagram users. They can happen anytime, anywhere. Dedicated Instagrammers to organize to meet in person, explore a city, and take photos.
As with brands, InstaMeets also help boost Instagram: you can connect with your customers, generate social buzz and reach new audiences.
Chances are, someone in your town is already running InstaMeets. If there is no such person in your area, do it yourself.
Choose the topic of the meeting and offer participants to post photos with its hashtag. Another great option (but it’s not free) is to sponsor the InstaMeet you’re interested in and help organize it. For example, if you sell cosmetics, choose a beauty theme and offer influencers to test your products during the meetup or create a thematic makeup to use them.
Instagram meetups are also a great opportunity to meet people who might be of value to your business.
9. Start an Instagram Challenge
A challenge is an interesting way to stir, intrigue, and attract new audiences – and you don’t have to spend money on it. Come up with an original idea that is close to your account theme and post a challenge.
Here are some ideas:
- Invite people to share their stories and tips (for example, five books they read in the past two months).
- Ask to post photos: be it variations of “Before vs After”, or tasks such as “Make an image of X every day in another setting / no filter / with a specified object”.
- Make a video: 30 seconds burpees each day / 15-second song covers/vines and so on. Do you remember how Jason Statham and Mr. Ritchie Pushup Challenge went viral? You can start something similar.
Then set the dates, create a hashtag for your challenge, describe the terms (eg promise a prize to a participant with the most likes), and ask people to join before the challenge begins. Ask participants to mark your profile in their challenge posts.
10. Comment on popular Instagram Accounts
Check out reviews on the pages of popular businesses, brands, celebrities, or trendy vacation destinations. It’s the perfect place to chat with other influencers about their products, and how you can work together. Choose the brands and join the corresponding conversations on their pages.
To find the biggest profiles, search for thematic keywords. The accounts that come first in the search are the leaders. Share expert opinions, give advice, respond to comments and just communicate naturally. Remember that politeness and kindness attract people more than sales language. Don’t post CTAs like “Buy the best watches here” – it looks spammy and is considered disrespectful in the Instagram space.
To sum up: How to promote your Instagram Store
Here’s how to make money without spending a dollar on Instagram:
- Include the keywords in your username and bio.
- Use hashtags and geotags.
- Strive for maximum commitment to get to higher zone positions.
- Tag and #hashtag bloggers and communities in your posts.
- Start an Instagram challenge.
- Visit and organize InstaMeets.
- Commentary on popular profiles.
Instagram is a great place to showcase interesting, trending, and valuable content. The rig can be a bit overwhelming at first, but once you spend a little time finding it outside you’ll love the results. You will have a loyal following who love your content and are interested in your product.
Did you help Instagram promote your store? Share your experience in the comments or you can also follow me on INSTAGRAM for Some Secret Tips That I Used to Grow My Instagram Account!